How to Hide or Show the Network Icon in Windows Vista
This article describes how to show or hide the network icon in the notification area in Windows Vista. The network icon is displayed in the system tray area next to the clock in the lower right of your computer on the desktop. It communicates network connectivity status on the system, and is used to determine if your computer is connected to the Internet.
To hide or show the network icon in the system tray area, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Additional Options (You can also right-click the taskbar, choose Properties, and then click the Notification Area tab).
- In the left pane, click Appearance and Personalization.
- Click Taskbar and Start Menu.
- Click the Notification Area tab.
- Check or uncheck the Network check box
- Click Apply and Ok to make the changes.
Last Modified: 2015-04-27.