How to change network connection priority in Windows 10
This article explains how to change the priority of the network connection in Windows 10 so that they follow a specific order. If you have multiple network connections, you can change the priority so the network you prefer will be the first one to use instead.
- Press the Windows Key + X and select Network Connections from the menu.
- Press the ALT key, click Advanced and then Advanced Settings.
- Select the network connection and click the arrows to give priority to the network connection.
- Click Ok when you are done organizing the priority of the network connection. The computer will now follow an order when connections are available.
Change a wireless network connection priority
To change the priority of a wireless connection, follow these steps:
- Click the wireless icon in the notification area.
- Connecting to a network and choosing connect automatically moves the network up in the priority list.
Last Modified: 2015-10-05.